Nana's Chocolate Goodness Protein Shake

Saturday, August 30, 2014
When I was a little girl, I would visit my grandparent's house often. The first thing I would always do was peek into their kitchen cabinets to see what kind of goodies they had. My Nana would always offer to make me a chocolate protein shake. I always had one because I wanted to drink whatever she was drinking.

My Nana always used a soy protein mix called Spir-Tein. She would mix it with chocolate soy milk, ice, and sometimes she would add things like fiber or flax.

When I went to college, my room-mate and great friend, MK, brought a huge container of Spiru-Tein to have for breakfast every morning. Seeing her drink those shakes reminded me of my Nana and my childhood, so I adopted the breakfast habit myself.

I'm still addicted to these shakes. I think they are so good and they are very healthy. The protein powder is PACKED with vitamins and minerals and has 14g of protein. The brand has recently expanded to a bunch of different flavors, but I stick with vanilla because it is more versatile. You can use it in fruit smoothies, peanut butter smoothies, or the chocolate smoothie I usually make. You can also bake with it.

For my smoothie, I use:

1 scoop of Spiru-Tein vanilla protein powder
1 1/2 cups of light chocolate soy milk
1 1/2 cups of ice

Blend in a blender and enjoy. This makes a very large shake. Its approximately 24 oz.

Nutrition: *Calories 225* Carbs 35g * Fat 2g * Protein 19g * Sodium 268 * Sugars 29*

* You can purchase Spiru-Tein at GNC or Amazon.com. Look up the full nutrition label. Its amazing!

5 comments

  1. Just another way I made your life AMAZING!!! jk jk Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making breakfast shakes! I grew up with them for last minute breakfasts on my way to high shcool and I still do them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a quick & healthy breakfast! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty :)

    ReplyDelete